Master Gardener Training
Please download and complete both documents.
Applications must be received by November 3.
We are starting the application process for the “KCMG 2024 Intern class” on September 1, 2023
An interview will be conducted Wednesday, November 8, 2023 for all applicants at the Kaufman County Extension Office. The address and telephone number are on the first page of the application packet.
If accepted into the class, an orientation class is scheduled on Wednesday, December 12, 9-11 am at the County Extension office. This class will answer any questions & describe the process to become a Master Gardener.
Fees will also be accepted at this time.
Please note that we have a limited number of available spots in the program & expect a large amount of interest. Once the class
is chosen, we will contact you & let you know you have been accepted into the class.
Before filling out application please make sure you are able to meet the required criteria to complete the class:
• Have computer/wi-fi/online/email/printing capabilities to access instructional material via downloads, email & attend Zoom meetings if necessary.
• You will also need to be physically able to perform volunteer hours/work on Kaufman County Master Gardener sponsored projects.
• You are required to complete the 50+ hours (classes will take place on Wednesdays, January 10 thru April 10, from 9am-12pm at the Extension office & possible various field trip locations) of class instruction & 60 hours of volunteer hours to be certified as a Master Gardener (Aug. 2023-Dec. 2024). To maintain Master Gardener certification, you are required to volunteer 12 hours on approved projects, complete 6 hours of continuing education, & pay small yearly dues.
• Class fee of $240.00 (payment by check only, made out to Kaufman County Master Gardeners (KCMG) is required with application, along with the Texas Master Gardener Volunteer agreement form. Payments will be held until class is determined; if you do not get in this class your payment will be destroyed or returned to you. This fee will cover all class materials to complete the program.
• Once accepted into the class all new class members must submit to a background check.